How to Choose a Professional Home Inspector
Here are some important considerations when selecting a home inspector:
- Choose an inspector who is a member of a professional association.
- Look for a home inspector who is experienced. Number of inspections is more important than years.
- Check reviews and testimonials.
- Review sample home inspection reports for clarity.
- Professional home inspections must include a written report.
- Ensure they have an inspection agreement/contract.
- Ask to speak to former clients.
- Speak to family, friends and colleagues who may be able to provide a referral.
- Inspectors who are also engineers or architects bring an added dimension, although the fees may be higher.
- See this page from the Consumer Protection Ontario page on the Ontario government website:
- Scroll down to the section on home inspection.
- This HGTV article has some helpful advice:
For any inquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.